Various Netgear extender users face issues while installing their WiFi devices. If you are also sailing on the same boat, then we have a rescue plan for you. In this piece of writing, we have listed some of the common yet major issues that you might be experiencing while the configuration of your Netgear device.
Resolved Netgear Extender Setup Issues
One of the biggest reasons why you aren’t able to connect your router to Netgear_Ext SSID (extender’s default WiFi network name) is because of the distance between them is too much. So, to fix the Netgear extender setup issues, it is suggested to lessen the distance between your router and extender.
- Replace the Ethernet Cable
Another main reason why you are experiencing the issue is the use of a worn-out or damaged Ethernet cable. So, if you have connected your Netgear extender and router using an Ethernet cable, ensure that it is well-maintained. Else, replace the cable with a new one.
- Use the Correct Web Address to Access the Netgear Extender Login Page
Mywifiext.net not working is one of the common issues that users face during Netgear extender setup. On the off chance if you are also experiencing the same issue, then ensure that you have entered the correct web address without typos.
Apart from that, ensure that you aren’t entering the web address in the browser’s search bar field. Even if using the correct web address didn’t resolve mywifiext.net not working issue, you are free to use the extender’s default IP address, i.e. 192.168.1.250
- Verify the Netgear Extender Login Details
In the event that you are unable to access the Netgear Genie setup wizard then it seems like you are entering the wrong Netgear extender login details. Therefore, cross-check the Netgear extender login details after entering them.
In case you are still having a tough time with Netgear extender setup issue, then it seems like your internet service provider is the culprit. To get the issue fixed in a fly, get in touch with your ISP and confirm whether you are receiving the actual internet speed you are paying for or not. If everything is fine from your ISP’s end and you are still facing Netgear extender setup issues, then it is suggested to take help of the troubleshooting hacks outlined below to rid yourself of the annoying issue. Keep scrolling down!
- Power Cycle Your Netgear Extender
Sometimes, a minor technical glitch can also let you experience Netgear extender setup issue. Thus, to get rid of it, it is advised to power cycle your WiFi range extender. To execute the process, follow the steps highlighted below:
- First things first, disconnect your router from Netgear_Ext.
- Power off your Netgear extender and unplug it from its respective wall outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Then, plug your Netgear device back in.
- Connect your router to Netgear_ext SSID.
Still the same? Consider updating Netgear extender’s firmware. Updating Netgear extender’s firmware can prevent you from experiencing many issues related to your Netgear WiFi range extender. So, follow the steps mentioned below in order to update Netgear extender firmware. Scroll down a little!
- Power on your Netgear extender and ensure that the power LED on it is stable.
- Connect your router to Netgear_ext.
- Open a web browser on a PC or laptop.
- Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- Hitting the Enter key will take you to the dashboard of your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Provide the default Netgear extender login details.
- Click Log In – locate the firmware update option and follow the on-screen instructions.
Facing Netgear extender setup issues is common but you can fix them in a jiffy with the help of troubleshooting hacks mentioned above. Just in case, you aren’t able to get the most out of your Netgear extender, feel free to drop us a line into the comments section.